Processing an NBI Clearance Online Application can be a bit overwhelming. How do you schedule an appointment? What offices do you go to? What NBI clearance requirements need to be submitted? Whether you’re a first-timer that needs to apply online or up for NBI renewal, it can be very confusing as to where to start. But we’re here to help!
Fortunately, we have prepared a complete, step-by-step guide on how to get NBI Clearance – from your online application up to the claiming of your clearance.
This complete guide will follow the online application process (introduced in 2014), which allows you to start applying for your NBI clearance in the comfort of your computer. Your NBI online application includes these steps:
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance is a government document certifying that an individual is not involved in any ongoing criminal cases in the Philippines. It is released to the individual upon request and is valid for a year.
The NBI Clearance covers the entire Philippines, unlike a Police Clearance which is limited to the area where it was released.
An NBI Clearance is a requirement in many different sectors, but it is often used by employers to check that the applicant is not involved in any pending criminal cases.
Here are other examples of where an NBI Clearance may be needed:
There are many other uses for an NBI clearance, so it is a smart idea to have a valid and current one on hand, even if you’re working from home in the Philippines.
Reminder: The listed items above are the only Valid IDs that will be accepted by NBI. Any other IDs will not be accepted.
For NBI renewal online, you must bring your previous clearance certificate and one (1) valid ID.
Here are some other things to bear in mind:
As of March 2018, the current NBI Clearance application fee is P130. Make sure to bring the exact amount in cash.
Because you will be entering a government office, it is important to look clean and presentable. Here’s a general guideline you can follow.
Your photo will be taken for identification as part of the application process. You will be requested to remove all accessories, as well as cosmetic contact lenses. For your convenience, consider leaving your accessories at home or opting for clear contacts.
There are currently 63 Clearance Centers nationwide where you can process your NBI Clearance Online Application. Other than the regional and district offices, some can also be found in LGUs and selected shopping malls.
Here are some NBI clearance centers in 2019 within the Manila area. Click the link for directions:
You can start applying for your NBI clearance online in the comforts of your own home. Below is the complete process of the NBI Clearance online application.
1. To start your NBI Clearance online application, you first need to set up an account. Go to the NBI Clearance Online Services website. You’ll see the “REGISTER” section on the screen’s right-hand side.
Click the appropriate box whether you have an old NBI Clearance (for renewal) or if you do not. Fill in the necessary fields. The NBI website only allows one email per user. Make sure you have access to this email and ensure that all information is complete and correct.
2. Once finished, click the “I ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE” checkbox and click the “SIGN UP” button. A new window will appear describing the service and information on privacy. After reading, click the “I AGREE” button.
3. A new window will appear with the details you’ve entered. Ensure that all information is correct because this is the last time that you’ll be able to edit it. When done, click the “YES” button to finish setting up your account.
4. Log in using the email and password you entered during registration.
5. Complete all the necessary details on the APPLICANT INFORMATION page. Once finished, click the “SAVE INFORMATION” button. You’ll be redirected to a summary of the information you just input. You can edit this by clicking the “EDIT” button for any errors.
6. Click on the “APPLY FOR CLEARANCE” button.
7. A new window will appear asking you for the valid ID you’ll bring for verification. Choose your preferred ID from the drop-down menu. However, remember to bring two valid IDs during your actual appointment.
8. A new window will appear with the Important Message. Read it and click the “CLOSE” button.
9. You’ll now have to schedule your NBI online appointment for your NBI Clearance at your chosen branch. Choose your preferred branch from the drop-down menu. This will be where your photo and biometrics will be taken and where you will claim your NBI Clearance.
10. Choose your preferred appointment date and time. Blue boxes are vacant slots, while red boxes are already taken.
11. There are six ways you can pay for your NBI Clearance Application Fee. Choose your preferred method from the following:
Go to accredited banks such as BDO Unibank, Bank of the Philippine Islands, and Metrobank to pay your NBI Clearance Processing Fee. Using this payment method, a small service fee will be charged. For BDO transactions, additional P25 will be charged while P50 for BPI.
You can also pay online using your preferred bank’s mobile app such as BPI Express Online, Chinabank Online, BDO Online Banking, Metrobank Direct, RCBC Access one, UCPB Connect and Unionbank Internet Banking. A service fee will be charged on top of your NBI Clearance fee which can vary from P40 to P100 depending on the bank.
You can now pay your NBI Processing Fee in many BAYAD CENTER outlets or via their partners like SM Savemore, Cebuana Lhullier, LBC, Petnet, Landmark, Waltermart, Robinsons, Sta. Lucia East Mall, eBiz Isetann, USSC and selected branches of Villarica Pawnshop, Prime Asia Pawnshop, Palawan Pawnshop, Direct Agent 5, CVM Pawnshop, Sinag Pawnshop, San Roque Supermarket, Luzon Development Bank, Citystate Bank, 2go Express, Tambunting Pawnshop, Raquel Pawnshop, Go Beyond Expectation Remittance Ci., and more. Just like any other method, a service fee will be charged depending on the merchant.
12. A new window will appear showing your total fee for your NBI Clearance. Additional fees may come from e-payment services. Once you click “PROCEED TO PAYMENT,” a new window will appear with your Reference Number.
13. Pay for your Application Fee using your selected method. Use your Reference Number during payment.
14. Check the status of your NBI Clearance online application under “TRANSACTIONS”. Once paid, the status will change from “PENDING” to “PAID.”
15. Wait for your scheduled appointment. On appointment day, bring all necessary requirements for NBI clearance, such as your two (2) Valid IDs, your printed NBI Clearance Application form, your NBI Clearance Reference Number, and your payment receipt. Dress accordingly and arrive on time.
16. Ask for assistance and show that you are an online applicant. Complete photo capture and biometrics and claim your NBI Clearance.
Your Application Form and Reference Number are important in completing your NBI Clearance online application process. You need to print out your Application Form, which includes your Reference Number, because this is needed to enter your NBI Clearance Center.
If you’ve lost track of where these are, you can easily access them through the website.
Follow the steps below:
When claiming your NBI Clearance, you may find yourself getting a “HIT.” A “HIT” is the term used to describe if you have the same or similar name with another person who has a pending criminal case.
This requires the NBI to further verify your identity before they can release your NBI Clearance.
Applicants with a “HIT” are usually told to return after eight (8) to ten (10) working days to claim their NBI Clearance after verification has been completed.
An NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview is an interview to verify your identity as an NBI Clearance applicant. This interview is scheduled for applicants who received a “HIT”. This is held at the NBI Clearance Main Office.
If you’ve been requested to undergo an NBI Clearance Quality Control Interview, remember the following:
Here’s an overview of what happens during the Quality Control Interview:
Sometimes, your schedule will keep you from claiming your NBI Clearance in person, especially if your application received a “HIT.”
Fortunately, you can authorize someone else to claim it for you through an Authorization Letter. An Authorization Letter is a document that gives permission to your chosen Authorized Person to claim your NBI Clearance on your behalf.
The online NBI Clearance Application and Renewal process now makes getting this important document much faster and hassle-free. Remember to dress neatly, come on time, and come prepared for a smooth application process.
Read more: How To Renew NBI Clearance
“The best investment is in the tools of one's own trade” - Benjamin Franklin hr…
What does Pag-IBIG stand for? Pag-IBIG is an acronym which stands for Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan:…
An online part time job for students like content writing, transcribing, or image editing isn’t…